What is Physiotherapy?
Physiotherapy is a diverse profession that utilizes many different assessment and treatment techniques and modalities to help alleviate pain, restore proper movement patterns, and increase strength and function.
What are some of the treatment modalities physiotherapists use?
Some of the treatment techniques we use are:
- Manual therapy techniques such as; soft tissue release, myofascial cupping and stretching
- Dry needling and IMS
- Joint mobilization and manipulation
- Strengthening and conditioning
- Splinting, bracing and orthotic prescription
- Corrective taping
- Electrophysical agents such as; ultrasound and electrical stimulation
Who do we treat?
Aside from general day to day aches and pains, we can treat a wide variety of conditions and pain syndromes, such as;
- Motor vehicle accidents/ ICBC claims
- Post surgical and orthopaedic rehab
- Dizziness, vertigo, vestibular and post concussion
- Sport specific injuries
- Joint strains and sprains
- Muscle tears and contusions